Time flies when you are having fun so it’s already almost time for VMworld EU in Barcelona. Sadly I will not be there so I will be missing all the fun over there. There is one new fling: Workspace ONE UEM Profile Migration Utility that somehow starts at version 1.5 so there must have been an internal version for VMware already and five have received updates: Horizon DaaS Migration Tool, True SSO Diagnostic Utility, Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility, vRealize Operations REST Notifications Helper and the one and only vSphere HTML5 Web Client.
[sta_anchor id=”wsoneprofmig” /]
Workspace ONE UEM Profile Migration Utility
This tool helps to migrate WS One profiles between various environments.
The Workspace ONE UEM Profile Migration Utility aides in moving Profiles between Workspace ONE UEM Consoles. This can be very helpful to programmatically migrate complex Profiles from UAT to PROD environments.
Note: Not all Profile payloads are supported within the AirWatch API.
[sta_anchor id=”daasmig” /]
Horizon DaaS Migration Tool
The Horizon DAAS Migration Tool is targeted to Service Providers that run an Horizon DAAS environment and that want to upgrade that environment.
- Added functionality for VMware tool upgrade;
- Added progress statistics;
- Added support for 32 bit VM;
- Added support for Windows 10, 7 and 8;
- Added resoulution for blank screen;
- Added logging enhancements.
[sta_anchor id=”truessodiag” /]
True SSO Diagnostic Utility
With the True SSO Diagnostic Utility you can validate the Horizon certificates used by the Enrollment Server.
- Updated to support VMware Horizon 7.4 and later
- Added LogonTest method; Performs basic validation of generated certificates
- Display expiry time for Enrollment and CA certificates
- Display additional information of generated certificates
[sta_anchor id=”xvcutil” /]
Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility
The Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility allows you to move VM’s between vCenter servers using a gui. It now also supports migrating within the same vCenter so you can manage all vmotions with this tool.
Version 2.3, October 18, 2018
- Added support for migration within a single vCenter server
[sta_anchor id=”vropsrestnot” /]
vRealize Operations REST Notifications Helper
vRealize Operations REST Notifications Helper helps vRealize Operations Manager users improve and customize the REST notifications of alerts. It collects the most useful information about an alert, creates a new payload by user configuration, and sends it to third parties.
- Added “recommendations” value to the final payload
- All recommendations of the alert are added to the payload as a single string, separated with “\n”.
[sta_anchor id=”html5″ /]
vSphere HTML5 Web Client
It’s already fully featured in vSphere 6.7 u1 but that doesn’t stop the VMware engineers from updating the fling as well.
Fling 3.42 – Build 10321112
- Dark theme mode for vSphere Client
- Go to User menu and click on Switch theme to switch over to Dark theme mode of vSphere Client
- vCenter Authentication Proxy UI is added to vCenter -> Configure -> Authentication Proxy
- System configuration displays the summary of vCenter (multiple vCenters in case of linked mode) and PSC node (in case of external PSC) and also show them as links. Clicking on these links will open the VAMI UI for these nodes.
- Update content library item
- Clone vApp to a vApp template in content library
- New vApp from a vApp template in content library
- If there are multiple vCenter servers in vSphere Client connected using linked mode, then certain operations like Deploy OVF across different vCenters will result in a certificate warning asking users to open the vSphere Client for the different vCenter than the one you are using. This warning dialog is updated to give the URL of the vCenter server as a link (Refer this reddit post for reported issue)
- Performance fix for loading actions menu when fling appliance is pointed to a 6.5 vCenter with external PSC
- Dark theme might not render well for certain areas of the client. One such known area is for any VMware or partner plugins which are already ported over to HTML5 client. Give us feedback using feedback tool if you notice any areas which does not render well in dark mode.