Yes I am a bit late but there are only two Horizon View related flings that received an update last month. First is the OS Optimization tool and second is the Ubuntu OVA for Horizon. The OSOT even already received an update in June but that’s for next month.
Ubuntu OVA for Horizon
- MATE Only Release
- Increased vRAM to 128 MB instead of Automatic
- Removed Audio Device
- Updated default network device to VMXNET3
- Updated repository for open-vm-tools to Ubuntu repo
- Added Horizon 7.1 Agent Dependencies
- Updated Dependency packages for Ubuntu 16.04 on Horizon 7.1
- Agent installer script updated with Horizon 7.1 links
- Updated Media Codec packages for Ubuntu 16.04
- Updated MATE packages to Xenial
- More reliable domain join
- Password update optional
- Timezone update optional
- Option to change hostname
- Desktop addons optional
- Added retry attempts for failed wgets of smb and krb5 configuration files
- Renamed ‘horizon-linux-installer.sh’ to ‘linux-agent-installer.sh
VMware OS Optimization Tool
May 16, 2017
- OSOT binary is now digital-signed, to make sure the integrity of distribution
- Template update: Windows 10 – Item “Use small icons on taskbar” is unselected by default.
The last couple of weeks some of the flings applicable for Horizon View and that I had in my VMUG presentation have been updated. The Horizon Toolbox 2 has been updated so it now supports console access for vCenter 6.0u2 and 6.5 + it now supports horizon 7.1. The Horizon OS Optimization Tool got several bugfixes.
Recent change for the Horizon Toolbox 2:
2017-Mar-17 Horizon Toolbox 2.1.3
- Support new Horizon version(7.1)
- Support new VCenter version(VC6.5 and 6.0u2a) in Console Access feature
Recent changelog for the OSOT:
April 27, 2017 b1090b
- Issue Fix: “the node to be removed is not a child of this node” when opitimize windows 10 template
- Issue Fix: System.NullReferenceException occurs if the network can’t reach any of the public template repository.
- Template Update (Windows 7/8/8.1): Correct the Menu Show Delay type to REG_SZ in item “Reduce Menu Show Delay”
April 18, 2017
- Some optimization items are skipped mistakenly. For example, Remote Apps in Windows 10 template. This is caused by a recent change in Conditional Check feature.
April 17, 2017 b1088
- Conditional Check: you can specify on what condition an optimization should be run. For example, when a specific registry key match certain value.
- “Change Explorer Default View” has been changed to unselected by default, because of conflict to UEM. Details: it causes the locations in “user files” (desktop, downloads, favorites, music, videos , Documents, Pictures) folder is to the local drive c:\Users\Username, its Should be \\server\folder_redirection\%username% when use UEM folder redirection.
- Public Templates tab: click template on the list is very slow, which should not be
- Default public template repository URL updated
- Loading public template repository takes too long
- Field validation: prevent user from creating template with blank name