It’s been a rather quiet month on the VMware flings front. No wonder with the vSphere 6.7 and other releases this month. Did you already test them? I have to say like vSphere 6.7 but it’s consider the numbering good as well, it wouldn’t have fit to be a 7.* release. One new fling with the PowerCLI for NSX-T Preview, two updated ones with the vSphere HTML5 Web Client and Cross vCenter VM Mobility – CLI. Another fling has gone GA in vSphere 6.7: VMFork for pyVmomi.
PowerCLI Preview for NSX-T
The one thing lacking for NSX-T was PowerCLI availability, this is solved with the release of the PowerCLI Preview for NSX-T fling. Please be aware that the fling still contains bugs and might even be considered an alpha release.
Cross vCenter VM Mobility – CLI
Cross vCenter VM Mobility – CLI is the go to tool when you want to move vm’s between vCenter servers and don’t want to use the GUI fling. The versioning is a bit weird since we already had 1.6 and now they released 1.6.0.
- Relocate is failing with validation error “cln is missing”.
vSphere HTML5 Web Client
Not sure what exact version of the html5 web client went into the vSphere 6.7 release but here you can find an overview of the functionality, don’t mind the url because the text clearly states it’s for 6.7. If you want an even more updated version or want to get used to it in vSphere 6.* then use the fling.
Fling 3.37 – Build 8313530
- Add VM vApp option properties read-only view
- SRIOV networking in clone wizard customize HW page
- Prevent the user from creating a GOSc spec with no specified timezone
- Resize the migrate wizard to use the largest possible size based on VMware Clarity design standards
- Drag and Drop VM to folder