The last couple of weeks some of the flings applicable for Horizon View and that I had in my VMUG presentation have been updated. The Horizon Toolbox 2 has been updated so it now supports console access for vCenter 6.0u2 and 6.5 + it now supports horizon 7.1. The Horizon OS Optimization Tool got several bugfixes.
Recent change for the Horizon Toolbox 2:
2017-Mar-17 Horizon Toolbox 2.1.3
- Support new Horizon version(7.1)
- Support new VCenter version(VC6.5 and 6.0u2a) in Console Access feature
Recent changelog for the OSOT:
April 27, 2017 b1090b
- Issue Fix: “the node to be removed is not a child of this node” when opitimize windows 10 template
- Issue Fix: System.NullReferenceException occurs if the network can’t reach any of the public template repository.
- Template Update (Windows 7/8/8.1): Correct the Menu Show Delay type to REG_SZ in item “Reduce Menu Show Delay”
April 18, 2017
- Some optimization items are skipped mistakenly. For example, Remote Apps in Windows 10 template. This is caused by a recent change in Conditional Check feature.
April 17, 2017 b1088
- Conditional Check: you can specify on what condition an optimization should be run. For example, when a specific registry key match certain value.
- “Change Explorer Default View” has been changed to unselected by default, because of conflict to UEM. Details: it causes the locations in “user files” (desktop, downloads, favorites, music, videos , Documents, Pictures) folder is to the local drive c:\Users\Username, its Should be \\server\folder_redirection\%username% when use UEM folder redirection.
- Public Templates tab: click template on the list is very slow, which should not be
- Default public template repository URL updated
- Loading public template repository takes too long
- Field validation: prevent user from creating template with blank name